Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Daily Dose of... Paradise

Oh my goodness, has it been that long since I've blogged?  Okay, I've learned two things - I don't blog daily when I'm on deadline for the magazine, and I don't blog daily when I'm travelling.  I need to figure out how to hook my camera into my phone (it takes better photos than the phone - sorry Steve Jobs, but Kodak is still king) and then how to get my phone to post my blog... if anyone has any pointers for me on this, just let me know - I AM over 30 after all (really almost VERY over 30) so these things aren't just innate knowledge to me...  back to paradise:

Our first day in Maui was exciting.  We flew from Houston and had good seats on the plane (not the best, but really not bad).  Then we got our car and drove from Kahului to Ka'anapali, where the Hyatt Regency anchors the south end of the posh hotels on the West, sunny side of the island.  The drive was fun - seeing all this really tropical and alien landscaping, and listening to NPR, just like we were in any normal American city.

The hotel lobby is open-air - which amazed us, being Texans... but the air actually felt air-conditioned, a perfect 72 degrees and a breeze.  Our balcony over-looked the pool, one of the terraced restaurants, and more importantly, the sunset.  We hung out and got our bearings - then headed down for sushi, an umbrella drink, sunset, and a dark stroll down the beach... we hit bed slightly early, as the jet lag mildly kicked our asses.

Here is the view from our balcony the next morning, when we awoke at 6:30 am, Maui time (11:30 am Austin time) - enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment